Happy Midpoint Monday!
Actually, Saturday's game -- a 7-3 non-league home win over the Arrows -- marked the exact middle of the 2019-2020 hockey season. Our second half is fully underway this week:
* MON, Dec. 9th, 8:40-9:35 p.m.: (Nearly) Full-Ice Practice
* THU, Dec. 12th, 7:50-8:50 p.m.: Split-Ice Practice
* SAT, Dec. 14th, 7:00 p.m. vs. Skyliners @ HMX
* SUN, Dec. 15th, 8:30 p.m. vs. Rye @ HMX
TEAM NEWS & NOTES
* Our twice-ppd Parents Meeting will be held on Sunday night at 8:00 p.m., prior to our home game against Rye. One parent from each familes is encouraged to attend.
* Next Monday, Dec. 16th, is our Team Holiday Party. We need a parent volunteer (or a few to team up) to coordinate pizza, desserts, etc. Anyone who is interested in taking the lead on our party should let me know ASAP. All families will be asked to contribute. Stay tuned for details.
* In the next few weeks, our game schedule for the Liberty Cup tournament will be announced, and I will be letting everyone know which hotel we will be assigned to. (It is my understanding that all MYHA teams will be housed under one roof.) In the next couple of days, however, I will be circulating an online line to purchase discounted tickets for the Flyers-Kings game on Saturday, Jan. 18th. The tournament director has agreed to keep all MYHA teams off the schedule for Saturday night so that as many families can attend the game at the Wells Fargo Center as possible. When I send out the link, I will identify a section where we could all try to get tickets near each other. As well . . . there is a National Lacrosse League game (Rochester @ Philadelphia) on Sunday night at 7:00 p.m. After our schedule is released, we'll see whether any 14U Tigers will be available to make that game. I will provide a link for discounted tickets as soon as we know our schedule.